Colourful Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups (420g) cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1.5 tbsp (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp (60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced (or 3 spring onions, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup (10g) fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup (10g) fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen baby peas
- Arils (seeds) from 1 pomegranate
- 1/3 cup (45g) pistachios, roughly chopped
- Pinch pink salt and cracked black pepper
To save time you can add the ingredients to your shopping list.ADD TO SHOPPING LIST DOWNLOAD RECIPE CARDS
In a mixing bowl combine cooked and chilled quinoa with olive oil, lemon zest and juice.
Stir through through red onion, mint and parsley.
In a small heatproof bowl pour boiling water over peas to thaw (leave for 2-4 minutes). Drain well.
Stir through peas and pomegranate seeds through quinoa.
Season to taste.
Add pistachios just before serving.
RATE & REVIEW
RECIPESALL AGESWave goodbye to those fussy-eating days with these ...16 Feb 2016
RECIPESALL AGESThese fritters are absolutely delicious AND chockfull ...15 Nov 2015
RECIPESALL AGESHere are some Chickpea and Sweet Potato Patties that ...3 Dec 2015
RECIPESALL AGESTalk about cheap and easy! My boys love this slice as ...12 Jul 2015
RECIPESALL AGESAs stated in my other article on the Kids Health ...13 May 2015
RECIPESALL AGESSuper Food Sausage Rolls are ideal for parties or a ...8 Apr 2015
RECIPESALL AGESThis Coconut Cinnamon Bread is a great base recipe for ...5 Dec 2016
RECIPESALL AGES"What did you get me for afternoon tea?" is the first ...27 May 2015
RECIPESALL AGESIron-rich Apricot Bliss Balls are the perfect way to ...30 Nov 2015